06 January 2010

here we go again....

My mom was just talking to her "partner" (aka boyfriend) on the phone. when she hung up she turned to me and said, "Why do I have to keep reinventing myself every man I'm with?" She was crying. I was thinking "oh goodness another meltdown", though it always hurts to see her so sad. She leans on me so much. I sometimes feel like the mother. And honestly I don't think she is reinventing herself this time since what she is "reinventing" herself to be, is something she has talked about for at least 5 years. Also she says this periodically. She doesn't seem as happy with him as she has been but then again all relationships go through rough patches. And when he is here she is kinda happy or really happy. So I don't know. Maybe she just can't handle being able to do what she wants full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment